nintendo news retro to recent

P l a y   o n ,   p l a y e r

Forum

Forum Home > Retro > Microphone VRU (Voice Recognition Unit)

Streex
Site Owner

2 years ago I said this was going to be my next retro peripheral purchase. Well...it finally has happened. VERY hard to find one of these in good condition WITH the yellow microphone foam topper. Not to mention the latch that goes on the controller to hold the microphone. Set me back $50 but it was 2 years in the making. 

What's funny is that a guy at work brought this in to work, which reminded me to get it. Found a great complete set with all the peripheral pieces, the box, cartridge, and manual. I'm ready to experience talking to Pikachu for the very first time! Oh, this is for the Nintendo 64, just in case any of you didn't know.

I believe you said you had this zatOMG, but without the yellow foam cover. How would you rate the overall experience?
--

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Super Punch-Out!! (super nes) / Skylanders Giants (wii u)

November 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

zatOMG

I would rate it meh, doesn't work poorly but the recognition isn't too impressive. Only basic words. As to be expected. If you have the Pikachu Edition 64 (which I do, 'natch) it makes it a little more interesting. Sort of. ;)

--

November 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Streex
Site Owner

Pikachu Edition? Are you talking about the Pikachu Nintendo?

Your impressions worries me, but I suppose its to be expected at the time it came out. I think I heard that it can have a hard time understanding voices that are too high pitched? Might be for a different game, not sure. Well I have it in hand now but have yet to give it a go. Gonna bust it out soon for a family game night.

--

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Super Punch-Out!! (super nes) / Skylanders Giants (wii u)

November 20, 2013 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.